This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by ThisCity Limited.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) which will come into force on 25th May 2018.
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
- Your name
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Your Contact Information including:
- Phone number – landline
- Phone number – mobile
- Email address
This information will have been provided by you alone and we will not have received it from a third party.
Why We need it
This information is required in order to ensure we can provide you with information about the company’s services. We may also periodically send promotional emails about new services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address/company address which you have provided.
How we use the information
The above information is used solely for the purposes of our Marketing Department to contact you for the following purposes:
- Invitations to company events
- Sending promotional items for marketing campaigns
- Market Research purposes
How long we keep your information
Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information from us. The information will then be deleted from our systems.
Disclosure of your information
Your personal information will under no circumstances be shared with any third parties.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
ThisCity Limited will process personal data on the following grounds:
Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your data for the purposes of our Marketing Department.
Under GDPR you are entitled to the following rights:
- The right to be informed – ThisCity will be completely transparent in how we are using personal data (personal data may include data such as a work email and work mobile if they are specific to an individual).
- The right of access – individuals will have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification – individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- The right to restrict processing – an individual’s right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability – this allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- The right to object – in certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes, if a company uses personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling – individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them or is based on automated processing.
SAR – Subject Access Request
You have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you. The company has a requirement under GDPR to respond to your request within one month. There is no fee chargeable for this service. Any requests that are excessive or manifestly unfounded may be refused. Should a request be refused you will be given an explanation. If you are not happy with the explanation and wish to complain you must contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you would like to make a request for information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. During the retention period, periodical reviews of retained data will be undertaken. Verification of data retention periods will be considered using the following categories:
- Requirements of the business
- Type of personal data
- Purpose for processing
- Lawful grounds for processing and
- Categories of data subjects
Data will not be transferred.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your consent to process your data for the purposes of our Sales & Marketing Department, this consent can be withdrawn at any time. Please contact email@example.com if this is the case.
If you have a concerns about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or you are within your rights to contact the Information Commissioners Office direct at https:\ico.org.ukconcerns.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Andrew Eccleston on firstname.lastname@example.org